The Athens Area Health District provides confidential low- or no cost* birth control and family planning services to women of all ages – regardless of income – at each of our county Health Departments.
- HPV immunizations for boys and girls
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STI), including HIV
- Pregnancy testing
- Health education and counseling on topics such as abstinence, consent, safe sex, disease protection and other health concerns
COST FOR SERVICES:
Birth control and family planning services are no charge for teens and *income based for adult women and men.
BIRTH CONTROL OPTIONS:
Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC):
- 3-yr Nexplanon implant
- 3-yr Skyla IUD
- 5-yr Kyleena and Mirena IUDs
- 6-yr Liletta IUD
- 10-yr hormone-free Paragard IUD
Other methods include the Depo-Provera shot, Caya diaphragm, the Pill and Vaginal Ring. Condoms are available anytime, for free – that’s added birth control and disease protection!
PLANNING YOU VISIT:
Some services are available on a walk-in basis during regular clinic hours. However, we recommend scheduling an appointment if you need to be seen on a specific day or time.
In addition, at the time of your visit, you may be asked about your household income and family size, but proof of income is not required to receive care.
NOTICE: Teens are not required to have parental permission for birth control/family planning services. We do encourage teens to involve a parent/guardian in their healthcare and family planning decision process.