You can get testing and treatment for high blood pressure at your Health Department!
Did You Know:
– High blood pressure causes stroke, heart attack, heart failure, and kidney disease
– 1 out of 3 adults and 2 out of 3 over age 60 have high blood pressure
– 6 out of 10 people with high blood pressure are under treatment, but only 2 of them have it under control
– Health Department staff will work with your doctor to help you control your blood pressure
- Physical Exam & Office Visits
- Laboratory Tests — the $30 panel is required as part of the intake process for high blood pressure treatment.
- Patient Education
- Nutrition Counseling
- Regular follow-up to keep your blood pressure under control
** – certain restrictions apply to qualify for the program. Call or visit the clinic to see if you qualify.
EDUCATIONAL LINKSThese links are provided for personal education only, and are not meant to replace an informed discussion with your healthcare provider. Linking to a website is not, nor should it be seen as, an endorsement by the health department of that person, organization or company. These links will open in a new window.
NutritionFacts — provides newsletters and videos related to nutrition education and research.