Children’s Medical Services (CMS) is a statewide program that supports children, youth and young adults (birth-21) with special healthcare needs and their families.
CMS provides assistance to eligible families and young adults with accessing timely and affordable healthcare services as well as needed resources within their communities.
Children’s Medical Services works with the child and young adult’s primary and specialty medical care providers to deliver or coordinate for:
- Genetic counseling
- Inpatient/outpatient hospitalization
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Medications and supplies
- Diagnostic testing
Provides information for youth, families and health care professionals on resources and information to support youth and young adults to successfully move from pediatric to adult care.
Eligibility for the Children’s Medical Services program is based on:
- Eligible medical condition
- Annual Family Income
- Live in Georgia
Examples of eligible medical conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Asthma, cystic fibrosis, and other lung disorders
- Some hearing disorders
- Neurological and neurosurgery disorders including seizures, benign tumors, hydrocephalus, and others
- Orthopedic and/or neuromuscular disorders including cerebral palsy, spina bifida, scoliosis, clubfeet, congenital or traumatic amputations of limbs, and others
- Visual disorders including cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, and others
- Diabetes and other endocrine and genetic disorders
- Craniofacial anomalies (including cleft lip/palate)
- Congenital cardiac conditions
Services provided for the following counties:
Barrow, Clarke, Elbert, Greene, Jackson, Madison, Morgan, Oconee, Oglethorpe and Walton.
For more information about eligibility, services provided and enrollment into the program please call:
740 Prince Ave, Building 15 **NEW LOCATION – Starting October 19, 2020**
Athens, GA 30601
CMS Brochure (English & Spanish)
Parent to Parent of Georgia:
Provide services to children and youth with disabilities and their families. Services include an on-line data base of various resources locally, educational trainings for parents and parent support program.
Special Needs Database
Healthy Mother’s Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia:
Provide services to expectant families. Services include prenatal education and resources to expectant mothers, breastfeeding support and education, and assistance with accessing health insurance.
Healthy Mother’s Healthy Babies Portal
American Academy of Pediatrics – GA Chapter: The official website of the American Academy of Pediatrics for parents on accurate, trusted and up-to-date information on issues regarding infants, children and adolescents.