You can get testing and treatment for high blood pressure at your Health Department!
Did You Know:
– 1 out of 3 adults and 2 out of 3 over age 60 have high blood pressure
– High blood pressure causes stroke, heart attack, heart failure, and kidney disease
– 6 out of 10 people with high blood pressure are under treatment, but only 2 of them have it under control
– Health Department staff will work with your doctor to help you control your blood pressure
If you have high blood pressure, and you qualify (**), the Health Department has a full range of services that can meet your needs:
- Physical Exam & Office Visits
- Laboratory Tests
- Patient Education
- Nutrition Counseling
- Regular follow-up to keep your blood pressure under control
** – certain restrictions apply to qualify for the program. Call or visit the clinic to see if you qualify.
EDUCATIONAL LINKSThese links are provided for personal education only, and are not meant to replace an informed discussion with your healthcare provider. Linking to a website is not, nor should it be seen as, an endorsement by the health department of that person, organization or company. These links will open in a new window.
Last Updated on July 22, 2020